Translate

Powered By Blogger

12.9.15

The way I have done the Shofar is _________  the length of three beats then ___ ___ ___  for exactly three beats. Then ... ... ... ... ... ...  for six beats. Then the original three beats again. That is to say for the truah I do exactly 18 short bursts that last double the original tekia. This is subject to an argument. Some hold the length of the whole truah has to be the same length as the original tekia. And each burst a third of each of the individual shevarim.

I am not saying I have any great ideas about this. It is after all subject to debate and I went with the opinion that even the other opinion would hold to be valid. Look it up in Shulchan Aruch of Joseph Karo and you will see.  There was another reason I choose this opinion. It was that the 9 short burst truah opinion seemed to have some problems involved in it.

So the first thing is tekia _________. Shevarim ___ ___ ___;   (a going up sound). Then truah ... ... ... ... ... ... Then Tekia _________.
I did have some thoughts about the idea of setting Rosh HaShanah to correspond with the actual conjunction of the sun and moon --which is called the molad. And I already wrote  a little about that I think. mainly I based this idea on Tosphot in Sanhedrin 10.

) סנהדרין י: רב אשי אמר שבית דין אין מקדשים את הלבנה, אלא מחשבים את המולד. התוספות מביאים דעה אחת שראש חודש תמיד מתחיל בזמן המולד [היינו יש שנייה אחת שהשמש והירח הם ביחד בדיוק על קו מאונך זקוף. היום שהשנייה הזאת נופלת בו, הוא ראש חודש]. (ולפי הדעה הזאת בתוספות, זאת דעת רבא ורב אשי.) וגם תוספות מביאים גמרא ירושלמי שמשמע כזה, וגם רש''י כאן על הדף משמע כזה. ("קדשו אתו בית דין של מעלה מאתמול"). נראה לי שזאת מחלוקת בין גמרות.  שבמסכת ראש השנה משמע שהכול תלוי בראיה או אפשרות של ראיה (בסוגיא של ריש לקיש ורבי יוחנן שם). הכסף משנה  בהלכות יובל איפה שהרמב''ם מחשב את תאריך היובלות והשמיטות הולך בשיטה הזאת שראש חודש והמולד הם אותו דבר