Translate

Powered By Blogger

11.9.15

I can pin point the four areas where I have to do repentance easily. But how to go about correcting these wrongs is not simple. As we  see with מעפילים לעלות. Moses said,  "Go to Israel" and the spies said "No." So people decided not to go. The God got mad. So what would be the natural reaction? To repent right? The sin was not to go, so they decided yes to go. And it was perfect repentance. Because they did not want to because they thought God would not help them. So true repentance was to go even though they knew that God would not help them. [That we normally say that repentance is true when one is in  the same situation he sinned in but this time he does not sin.] But we know what happened. They went up and were killed.

The sages of the Talmud said the same thing. "The letter ה is open on the bottom so anyone who wants can fall. But to get back in one needs to go through the upper opening. By why not get back in the same way he fell? לא אסתיא מילתא It won't work."

But at least I can say my repentance revolves around  major points. My parents, the land of Israel, Isaac Luria. Lack of learning Torah might be included also but I don't have an exact proof of that as I do for the other four. {ביטול תורה כנגד כולם}. That is the lack of learning Torah is considered as bad as the three major sins plus gossip. The three major ones are idolatry, murder, and the sexual relationship forbidden in Leviticus.





Of course I know there are probably millions of wrongs and bad thoughts and words and deeds I do all the time. But here I am looking for the major areas of interest.