Translate

Powered By Blogger

8.9.15

phony tzadik.

 Following a true tzadik [saint]. The obvious pitfall which happens at least 99.99999... of the time is that when one is looking for a true tzadik he falls into the hands of a phony tzadik.



This is a hard subject. I have my own approach in which I go by the basic approach of my parents towards life and Torah. This is based on the idea that my parents were the best human beings I ever knew. But it is not as if I am considering them as tzadikim. It is more along the lines of when I look at what I consider  as human perfection, I tend to see my parents as the best examples of that.

What I mean is they contained the idea of balance. When we look at the idea of  a tzadik we tend to see a religious person who may not have balance. And that is not in general a very good example. The path of the Torah is not fanaticism. It is balance.
But some people are connected with a certain area of value more than others. What you need is  away of combining different areas of value. And that my parents were good at.

The major problem of looking for a tzadik is that even when you want to play it safe , still there is the trap door of the many fakers that use some name of  a real tzadik to build their own following.

\ For one thing we do in fact find the idea that the tabernacle in the desert  was filled with the glory of God. So we do find this concept of God's glory being in a limited time and space zone. So we find only Moses was allowed to put the Tabernacle together.