Translate

Powered By Blogger

9.6.15

Since it is hard to depend on the idea that the area you live in will somehow magically turn into a place of Torah the best thing is to at least make your own space into a מקום תורה a place of Torah as best you can.
I don't know how things are in California but in NY most of the necessary books for this were very cheap. When I first got to yeshiva it was suggested to me to get the Rashba, the Ritva the Ramban and my own tractate. And I also got myself an entire Shulchan Aruch and Tur. Even though i was on a stipend of an average yeshiva student and had very little extra cash these books were simply to get.

There are some cities that it just does not work to make them into a place of Torah. LA is a perfect example. All the the insane religious world  there are the Sitra Achra [Demonic]. Somehow the Dark Side possessed LA in a hidden way the same as they did in Baltimore. I have no idea how N.Y. managed to get world class yeshivas all within walking distance of each other and other cities are wastelands.