Translate

Powered By Blogger

8.9.16

diet and exercise.

My learning partner tends to focus on diet and he suggested a mixer and vegetables. He was not thrilled with fruit because of the Rambam ([Maimonides). [Maimonides thought only a small list of fruit is good like grapes and dates and a few others that I forgot. This makes sense because they are mainly sugar.]







It was not that he disagreed with exercise. Rather he was in a situation where it was not possible and so he focused on diet. He thinks every vegetable has some curative property. He might have mentioned beets to me, but if he did it was only in the general context of vegetables.

For me a mixer became impracticable. So I stick with a knife  and plain simple raw vegetables.
[A woman, (Natasha, in the Ukraine) mentioned beets with sour cream to me and I also found that beets with olive oil is good.]





He also mentioned many other things like  a raw egg. This was in fact how Jews used to have coffee or tea in Eastern Europe instead of cream. The raw egg tends to cancel out appetite for unhealthy food.


I might mention that I think people are too addicted to cooking. Not everything has to be cooked.
A girl, Barbara  from Germany mentioned to me a staple of her diet growing up was yogurt with raw oatmeal.

I should add that his basic approach comes down to what is known as the paleo diet,-but with an emphasis on green vegetables