Translate

Powered By Blogger

5.8.16

I mentioned in passing to someone about my connection with the Bava Sali family and they asked me for more details. It is perturbing to me to be reminded about Bava Sali because it reminds me of my responsibilities that I have not fulfilled and can't fulfill. Learning and keeping Torah and helping others also to do so.
Litvak yeshivas seem to me to be the best way to go about getting close to God.
I think that it was by spending a few years in two Lithuanian yeshivas  that helped me that when I got to Israel that I gained a kind of spiritual light that helped those years be really amazing.It is not that I had any kind of "Ruach Hakodesh" [holy spirit] or anything like that. It was simply a kind of feeling of attachment with God that was really intense.

At some point, I rebelled against it, so I do not expect it to return. But I can at least recommend to others the amazing path that helped me --that is the basic simple straight Torah approach you find in almost any Litvak Yeshiva. [The best one are obviously Ponovitch and the regular Litvak NY yeshivas.]