Translate

Powered By Blogger

17.8.16

It hard for me to imagine the whole Yaakov Abuchatzeira thing disappeared into thin air.  While it is true we don't have anything anywhere near the Bava  Sali, still I recommend going to see his descendants and getting a blessing and also going to anyone descended from that family on the festival days and Shabat. During the week I recommend learning Gemara and Musar at home or in a local Beit Midrash {study hall for Gemara  only.}

I had a close friendship with a grandson of Bava Sali, Shimon Buso who was a teacher in the Ponovitch branch in Jerusalem for a number  of years and I knew the whole Buso family pretty well. It is a good idea to get a blessing from any of them.


Of course if you are in the vicinity of an authentic, Litvak yeshiva then by all means learn there and support it--if it is the real thing and not just an excuse to ask secular Jews for for money.

I might make a list of the good yeshivas--Ponovitch, the Litvak yeshivas in NY, Brisk and their branches.[The NY ones are Mir, Torah VeDaat, and Chaim Berlin.] {I did not mention Tifrach because as far as I know it stems from Ponovitch, so it is included automatically.]
If you are not in the area of any of these then make your own yeshiva at home. Get the Avi Ezri of Rav Shach, the Chidushei HaRambam of Reb Chaim Soloveitchik and learn them on your own.