Translate

Powered By Blogger

9.5.21

Lenin and Trotsky were more intent on getting rid of absolutism of the czar rather that how to form a proper government.

 It seems to me that Lenin and Trotsky were more intent on getting rid of absolutism of the czar rather that how to form a proper government. You can see this in his way of dealing with private property of the peasants. He wrote to leave it in their hands but still to leave management of it to the government.\What good is any private property that you can not decide how to use it?  Clearly the talents of Leni  and Trotsky were in the overthrow of the czar and not in government at all.


I was in a  house that the Jews that had been living there during the time of the last czar had dug a tunnel from that street  [now called st.  Lenina 34] until the city center where there was transportation to leave during the time of the czar. That was about a mile of digging through shear granite with no electric tools. They were obviously terrified of their lives from the anti-Semitic Ukrainians. [I was living there from October until May and only towards the end of my stay did the owner tell me the true history about that tunnel.]

Besides that I have to say that people always surprised me when I asked about the time of the USSR.I expected them to tell me how horrible it was during the time of that totalitarian system. They never said that. Their answer was always "It was better then than now." [Some would add: "Everyone worked." --meaning as opposed to then when things had fallen to bandits and open criminality.]