Translate

Powered By Blogger

13.5.21

In the world of Litvak yeshivas it is commonly accepted that the morning hours are for in depth study, and the afternoon for fast study.

 I was in the Na Nach Breslov place yesterday, and they were learning the LeM vol I:74.

It must be obvious that there is a sort of tension between that Torah lesson and Conversation 76 in the Conversations: of Rav Nahman. [Plus in Sefer HaMidot מי שלומד ואינו חוזר הוא כמו מי שזורע ואינו קוצר

The emphasis in Conversation 76 is to say the words as fast as possible until one finishes the book, and then reviews it four times.

In the LeM I:74 the emphasis is on understanding. דיבור בדעה הוא בחינת יעקב.

 In the world of Litvak yeshivas it is commonly accepted that the morning hours are for in depth study and the afternoon for fast study. That sort of compromise makes the most sense to me  and it seems to work for me whether in Gemara study or Physics and Math. To divide one's time. Half in depth and half fast study. [My son IZHAK emphasized learning in depth, but also recognized the greatness and importance of the ideas of Rav Nachman -which includes learning fast.]