Translate

Powered By Blogger

22.10.16

the Written and Oral Law [the Law of Moses and the Talmud] along with Physics and Metaphysics are the necessary and sufficient conditions

In math you have necessary and sufficient conditions. I think the Written and Oral Law [the Law of Moses and the Talmud] along with Physics and Metaphysics are the necessary and sufficient conditions  to come to what one must come to in this world.
This ideas come from the Rambam who considered Physics and Metaphysics of Aristotle to be what the Gemara was referring to in מעשה בראשית ומעשה מרכבה

I do not expand the set outside of the Rambam's definition. But I also do not limit the list to only the Oral and Written Law. I do think one needs those two additional subjects from the fact that I have seen the need for them in people that ignore those subjects.