Translate

Powered By Blogger

9.1.16

Two complaints about Christianity

Two complaints about Christianity that Saadia Gaon and the Rambam had. 1. nullification of the commandments.  2. Divine simplicity.



[I have a drop more to say about this whole subject, but all I would be doing would be repeating the opinion of a Medieval mystic Rav Avraham Abulafia.  Professor Moshe Idel at Hebrew University has already written his PhD thesis and many more books on the subject of  A. Abulafia so I have nothing more I could possibly add to the discussion.] [However it is of interest to note that the person that actually printed up all of  Abulfia's books was a fellow from Geulah or Mea Shearim. For some odd reason with all the research they were doing at HU no one thought to actually come out with an academic version of Rav Abulfia's books. I find that odd.]