Translate

Powered By Blogger

8.2.22

My dad I think will never get credit for the infrared telescope and laser communication between satellites. [I know about the later because he took me to his lab at TRW and I saw it]

 I realize that being smart and being talented are not the same thing. For though my dad was smart, but certainly no genius IQ. But when it came to inventing stuff he was a genius. [Which clearly he will never get credit for.] The first was the infrared telescope. [At least for that in fact he did get the credit in Life Magazine. (note 1)But that is totally forgotten about today. When they launched the James Web Telescope [which is an infrared telescope], no one even bothered to mention who invented the infrared telescope. Next was the X-ray satellites launched for the USA space program. [Even though here I am guessing. For my dad did in fact invent the Copy-Mate Machine using x-rays to make a super sharp  copy machine. (not sure how that worked). But then he was snatched up by TRW in 1965 until to make their x ray satellites. [Those were the first spy satellites.] Then after that he made laser communication between satellites--also at TRW until the TRW satellite program  itself was shut down because of two moles that were selling the technology there to the KGB. [That was made into a movie the Snowman and the Falcon]

[And though I am no where as smart or talented as he was, I still try to walk in his path and combine that with the path of the Gra and Rav Shach of straight Torah. That is Torah with Derech Eretz.

(note 1) It is good that Life Magazine article was published with my father's photo. My dad's mother said she would have given ten years of her life just to see that picture. That seems to be the only bit of credit that will ever be known.