Translate

Powered By Blogger

27.2.22

Defense of faith in the Torah. To have faith in the way of my parents--to have faith but not to be making money out of it like the religious do.

 What can be a defense of faith in the Torah after that many questions are clear. Dr Michael Huemer brings this up and I have thought how to answer this. I have thought if there is some way to express my approach this.  I mentioned there in a comment, the idea of the Kant-Fries school of thought. That means a commitment to non intuitive immediate knowledge,(which is similar to faith in that it holds of the categories by knowledge that is known but not known by reason nor experience) plus with the idea of Dr. Kelley Ross this means that the closer one gets to areas of value that are not within the area of conditions of possible experience [with space and time and causality], one gets to contradictions that can not be resolved except by faith.   [However, I can not agree that this discounts Hegel. For I see Hegel as being correct that in essence even knowledge of God is possible and necessary as King David said to Solomon, "Know the God of your father, and serve Him."

Plus I ought to mention that I have great faith in God. It seems clear to me that this is a sort of knowledge that is not through the senses nor through reason.

But I do not try to overly strenuously defend faith for I realize lot and most of those with faith have a sort of different kind of problem.- i.e. they think they know that which they do not know. I.e. the religious tend to think they are better and smarter than everyone else, while the opposite is 99% of the time to be the case. [You can see this in the Torah itself. Who were the people that were against Moses? See the Rashi on the very first verse of Parshat Korah. They  were the religious leaders- the very heads of the Sanhedrin and smaller sanhedrins. The religious leaders are the enemies of Torah. They have found away to gain power and money by seeming to be smart in Torah.]

It is better to have faith in the way of my parents--to have faith, but not to be making money out of it like the religious do.