Translate

Powered By Blogger

5.8.18

Two aspects of learning. One is  learning fast--to say the words in order and go on. And sessions in order.That is to start at the beginning of Shas, Yerushalmi, the Tur with the Beit Yoseph , the Avi Ezri of Rav Shach. \
To these two aspects I want to mention a third--to concentrate on one subject for a month or more. I o not mean to cancel the other sessions, but rather to make the major learning for one month in one  book or one subject alone.
At least I must say that that kind of learning helped me gain a lot more understanding that I had before that.
This may not seem like earth shattering news but I thought to share it anyway. To give an example Rav Haim Soloveitchik [on any given law] --I found is good for me to go over daily for a month until it starts to make sense.Same with Quantum Mechanics. To get any understanding at all I found it good to concentrate on that one thing alone for a month or more. Similar with Rav Shach's Avi Ezri.

[One age with Tosphot I usually find takes me about a month to make sense of.  The sections of Rav Shach's Avi Ezri usually take me less time but do require a lot of review.]