Translate

Powered By Blogger

19.8.18

Create new yeshivas that go specifically according to the Gra

There is yeshiva in the old city of Jerusalem that is on the name of the Gra. It occurs to me that to run a yeshiva and create new yeshivas that go specifically according to the Gra makes a lot of sense.
I have been writing about the great Litvak yeshivas in NY and Ponoviz but the Litvak yeshiva path is different from the straight Gra approach.
And I have seen enough of the Litvak world to realize that there is room for improvement. I think the major problems that exist are a result of not following the path of the Gra in more detail. Because of not following the path of the Gra there is lots of room for not nice energies [Sitra Achra energy] to enter.
And the greatness of the Litvak Torah world is anyway from the devotion to learning and keeping Torah with no frills --no additions nor subtractions, so why not just go all the way and simply declare once and for all that: "This yeshiva goes by the path of the Gra. Period. Here in our yeshiva we do not judge others or try to evaluate their paths. But here we go by the Gra. that is our path with no compromise."


[I have had my own share of troubles in the Litvak world, but it seems to me that these troubles were a case of the Litvak world not following the path of the Gra with enough conviction and consistency.]

[I knew the founder of the Yeshiva on the name of the Gra, Rav Zilverman  and his son Eliyahu Zilverman who was the rosh yeshiva for many years. It seems to me they were on the right track. In fact once when the older Rav Zilverman had one son son who was sick -very sick and people said he ought to go to get a blessing from the Gerer Rav, he refused and prayed to God instead.--and was answered.