Translate

Powered By Blogger

5.8.21

Do not expect my dad to get any credit. For some odd reason his name is left out of every single invention he ever came up with.

Laser communication was made by my dad at TRW. [note 1]  [That was made so that the Soviets could not spy on us. They could pick up radio waves, but lasers are focused so that would have made communications secure.] But do not expect my dad to get any credit. For some odd reason his name is left out of every single invention he ever came up with. Look up copy machines. You will never see him get credit for his super sharp X-ray "copy mate machine".  The infra red satellites [Vela] launched by NASA. Look for my dad's name as the inventor of the infra red telescope.  (That was given credit to him at first, but since then no one ever mentions his name as the creator of the amazing infra red telescope Sofia) [I might mention the polaroid camera which was his idea. However that was just suggestion of his to the person that actually made the product, so I would rather not make any big deal about that. (The idea was the problem of glare. My dad suggested using a polarized lens.) 

So for the record my dad's name. Philip Rosten. [Changed from Rosenblum after the time he was the inventor of the infra red telescope and the copy mate machine. [As for the U-2 camera, he invented two components, but not the actual camera itself which was invented by Baker at Harvard.]

 [note 1] After the Vela series of satellites, TRW was hired by the USA government to create SDI. Asa part of that was this idea to create laser communication between satellites. The person put in charge of that was my dad.