Translate

Powered By Blogger

7.11.18

Yonadav ben Recav was a friend of Yehu

יונדב בן רכב Yonadav ben Recav was a friend of Yehu. [See Chronicles where the events surrounding Yehu at brought] Yehu was the one who wiped out the house of Ahav. So when Jeremiah asked his descendants to drink wine that was a few hundred years later and still they were keeping his word.

So honor your father and your mother still applies hundreds of years later.

The incident was that Jeremiah told them to drink wine and they refused because of the command of their great grandfather and for that they were granted a reward from God that their house would stand forever.

I can not say I have fulfilled this because my Mom and Dad clearly were interested in my keeping up my studies in Physics and Math, and yet I absolutely disobeyed them. Now some time later I find it is hard to make up for lost ground.