Translate

Powered By Blogger

11.11.18

small sessions.A lot of people that think they can not do math would discover that in fact they can do math. It just gets absorbed in a different kind of fashion.

The idea of small sessions seems to be important to mention. I mean that besides learning fast, there is also an important idea to divide the sessions small digestible bits. That is like doing a few pages in one book and putting in a place marker and then closing it and going on to a different book. This idea seems to work best for me in terms of most areas of learning.

Sometimes for me doing a lot of pages in one book does not seem to add much. I find for me small sessions works better.


[My own small sessions are mainly in Physics and Math. As for Torah, on the few occasions I manage to get to the local Litvak study hall I try to find just one or two pieces in Rav Shach's Avi Ezri to go over every day until I feel I have got the basic idea.]

I think this idea of learning fast by saying the words and going on ought to be more widely known. The person that made the most effort to emphasize this approach was Rav Nahman of Breslov but he would not have been using it for math and Physics, but for the several divisions of Torah learning. In any case, I think it is an amazing piece of advice. A lot of people that think they can not do math would discover that in fact they can do math. It just gets absorbed in a different kind of fashion.