Translate

Powered By Blogger

4.11.18

To get out of "they".--Heidegger

Heidegger for some reason gets classified with the existentialists --and Kierkegaard also. But I think that is unfair. Neither deny that Reason perceives universals and moral values and laws of nature. Rather they both focused on the need of the individual to find his own way. To find the Dasein authentic Being inside of his and the bring that into reality. That is how Heidegger understands the call of conscious. To get out of "they" and to get Being itself to come into the light--from potential into actuality.

But how or why both got to be put together with post modern philosophy is beyond me.

I can not really recall what I was thinking at the time I went to Shar Yashuv and the Mir Yeshiva in NY, but I think that what motivated me was this exact issue. the way of "being" in the world.

I mean I had a rational point of view so eastern religions did not grab me as much as others. Most people that were searching for the meaning of life went into eastern groups. But that did not appeal to me. My side reading in high school was Plato, Dante, etc. More of less things that held reason can penetrate into the truth of things, So to me a Lithuanian type of Yeshiva seemed to best idea how to get in touch with reality.
To answer the call of Being.
Though I admit that if I had known about the way of learning of Girsa [Rav Nahman's idea of just saying the words and going on]--I might anyway have gone into Physics as my original intention was.
For I recognized something great in my dad and his career in the aerospace industry. But without any kind of method of learning that would work for me, I had no way i knew of how to get into it..]