Translate

Powered By Blogger

20.5.15

Torah of the Dark Side [Sitra Achra]



That not everything people claim is Torah is in fact Torah.
Much of what people claim is Torah, is from the demons. And it is for this reason, I will in general avoid teachers  that arrogance and rudeness characterizes them. And therefore whatever they teach must be from the demons, and are consciousness traps. [The arrogance and rudeness are sure signs  according  that their Torah is from the Dark Side. That means it sounds good, but it leads one to destruction.]

And it is this exact same reason that I regard highly  Lithuanian yeshivas. It is the humility I see there that indicates to me that they are good people.


In any case, what I recommend  in order to be safe from the Torah of the Dark Side is to learn authentic Torah= the Old Testament (which is the written law) and the Oral Law (Bavli, Yerushalmi, Sifri, Sifra). [When doing Talmud you don't have to do every Rashi. But you do have to do Tosphot. Rashi is just for understanding the page. Tosphot is for understanding the subject.] Mainly I would avoid mystics. But that does not mean all of them.  And I like Issac Luria, Moshe Cardovero, Avraham Abulafia,  Yaakov Abuchatzeira, and Shalom Sharabi.
They are from the side of good but still learning them does take a certain degree of caution.