Translate

Powered By Blogger

24.5.15

I tend to do better in discernment by means of negative results. That is by making mistakes I tend to learn more than by any kind of inherent intuition. That is the reason that I hold by a small set of things that I concentrate on. I tend to see that by deviating from this set that things go haywire.

Not everyone I know is like that. My learning partner seems to have an inherent compass. He tends to see fallacies  in different groups even before getting involved in them.  Not me. I need to jump into the boiling water to find out how hot it is.
So this explains why my priorities are things that my parents told me and I did not listen to. I learned eventually that they knew a lot more about the world and the way things are that I ever could.

 This also makes me see the importance of the State of Israel, and also learning Torah. It is not that I have such  great appreciation for any of the above. It is just that when I see when either I or others abandon any of these things that highly negative results follow.



My parents were very much into the idea of being a mensch--a decent moral person with all that implies.The Ten commandments.  Working for a living and never asking for and never accepting charity. Going to university [and not to be a rabbi under any circumstance]. Never to use the Torah for money. But to learn Torah and keep it in every last detail. Learning Physics and Math also was very high on their list of priorities. And also Mozart. and general classical music.