Translate

Powered By Blogger

25.9.21

My mother and father were highly suspicious of new medicines. They strongly advised against taking any new medicine that has not been on the market for at least fifty years.

 There is a piece of advice I would like to share with others. My mother and father were highly suspicious of new medicines. They strongly advised against taking any new medicine that has not been on the market for at least fifty years. And this in fact corresponds to a large degree of the idea of Rav Nahman [Conversations of Rav Nahman paragraph 50] to be wary of doctors. However I realize that one  might merit to have a good and honest doctor, and that seem to depend on Divine providence. [When I was in Uman in fact the medical care I received was amazing. It was always with great competence--but also with a complete and utter refusal to deal with anything that was not an immediate threat. They would never treat anything because of some new toy they had as you find all the time in the West.


The County hospital [near Uman but not connected with Uman but rather with the county called the raiyona bolnitza] had a great reputation and in fact I was there twice. What ever was wrong with me was cleared up within a minute of taking the medicines they prescribed. The doctors and nurses at the Trauma unit in Uman proper gave me such care when I was in need of their help that I was flabbergasted.