Translate

Powered By Blogger

31.3.22

 I was going to Uman for every Rosh Hashanah since 1992. The first time was only for for two days of Rosh Hashanah and the next day was Shabat. But later times, I would go and stay for longer and longer periods--mainly because I was treated so well. And that was the rule for a long time. Only in the last year that I was there things started to change--and I had to escape just to save my life. But I must say I owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to the many, many people of Uman and Kiev that helped me in my times of great need. [Especially the doctors and nurses and people that opened their homes for me and many other great kindnesses that people did for me there.


Uman was where I started learning with David Bronson. From that learning resulted in the two short book on Shas and on Bava Metzia. I should add that David is genius in Torah and I was just picking up the scraps.