Translate

Powered By Blogger

2.1.15

My learning partner is into the Paleolithic diet. And I thought to give people an idea of what his thoughts are on the diet issue.
To some degree he started out along the lines of Maimonides in the Mishna Torah, and he developed his ideas along those lines.
By his interest in health issues he found that ''bullet proof coffee'' site that I have the link to on my blog. and the Mercola health site.
It was on his suggestion about raw vegetables that I started eating beets. And that got my weight way down. In fact I could have kept on losing more and more lbs that way, but one day the mother of my girl friend said I was too skinny, and that simple comment took the wind out of my sails. But I still  jogged and ate black bread with beets.
I even got a mixer at his suggestion, but that turned out to be too impractical. But it does bring me to what I wanted to mention today. He uses his mixer for greens.  [lettuce, parsley,etc.] 

He is very unhappy with vegetable oil, and sugar. And believe it or not fruit also. He quoted to me the Maimonides statement that one should stay very far away from fruit. And only recently defend his idea by the fact that apples have twice as much fructose as glucose. And that we know is turned 30% into pure fat.

And fat itself he thinks is good. In fact he was recommending to me this idea of the bullet proof coffee site to have butter and coffee in the morning to get a burst of energy. I did not get all the details but look here if you want more information https://www.bulletproofexec.com/

He also mentioned recently about eggs--raw.  I mentioned to him that that was like the movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger where he is a cop putting all kinds of stuff into his mixer in the morning--but who ends up saving the world! He commented to me that that is why  he looks like he does.

You might ask why is this essay on this site. I got the idea from the statement in the Talmud about one person asking another about health issues and the the question of "bitul Torah" [time that can be used for learning Torah but was spent on something else which is a  very grave sin called "bitul Torah."] came up. The answer of the Talmud was חיותא דברייתא it is the life of the creatures so it is definitely an important part of Torah