Translate

Powered By Blogger

25.6.20

So I see this loose alliance of the Litvak yeshivas

Ever since learning about the war between Sparta and Athens I have been aware of the importance of alliances. [Sparta only conquered Athens between it had the rest of the Greek city states on its side.]
In any case, because of this I tend to look at Lithuanian yeshivas in a positive light, even though I would prefer if they would be going more by the Gra.
I mean, clearly the top is Ponovitch, with Brisk a close second. But all the Litvak yeshivas are very good as much as they are going with the straight Torah approach if the Gra.
So I see this loose alliance of the Litvak yeshivas as great thing as being the one and only source of accurate information as to what the Torah actually holds and says.
[My own approach, is simply is to try to learn Physics Math and the Avi Ezri of Rav Shach as much as possible. I never managed to last very long in the amazing world of straight, unadulterated Torah of the Litvak yeshivas. But for the short time I was there, I got a taste of the "Real Thing" which was nice. More than nice. Awesome you could say.]