Translate

Powered By Blogger

7.12.15

Ideas in Talmud Updated  Ideas in Bava Metzia Chapters 8 and 9 Updated  Title page for Ideas in Bava Metzia


Title page for Ideas in Talmud



I added a few ideas in the Ideas on Talmud and made some minor corrections in spelling in Ideas in Bava Metzia.

I added an old idea in Sukka and also added a comment to make one of the essays in Bava Metzia a little more clear.

I added the comment that a שוכר כשמומר שכר so that in the Mishna on page 97 the renter and owner agree that it was a big אונס --otherwise the renter would have to take an oath. Actually I did not put all that into my note but it might be that I should


The truth is if I could I would put an introduction to the essays to lay out the whole subject before I start my comments--but that would be the same thing as just opening up the Gemara and learning it from scratch for anyone and everyone can do that just as well as I can and even better. In my experience, most people can learn Gemara a lot faster and better than me. It usually takes me a few weeks until even the basic ideas get absorbed into me.


There is a lot to think about in terms of the relationships between what I wrote on BM page 104 and BM pages 81 and 82. I wrote  a drop, but there are questions. For example. The way Tosphot looks at Rabbi Akiva and Rabbi Eliezer on page 81 it seems like Tosphot is thinking that the משכון guarantee is owned completely--not just as a משכון. The reason seems to be that we have קנין for regular acquisitions and קנין for guards. Maybe there is no separate  category for acquisition of משכונות?
I later looked at Tosphot on page 82 {BM} and I saw I had to revise my note. Tosphot holds a guarantee is not completely owned. Does that change anything on page 104? I don't know.