Translate

Powered By Blogger

3.12.15

Newton was a straight monotheist

My learning partner noticed that Newton was a straight monotheist. That is he believed in God but not the Trinity. I mentioned that there is a simple proof against the Trinity. It is this: Christianity is committed to two contradictory theses. One is that  a=g (God), b=g, and c =g. But a is not equal to b is not equal to c. That is the Father is God. The Son is God. The Holy Ghost is God. But the Father is not equal to the Son. The Son is not equal to the Holy Ghost. 
But to knock Christianity over this issue does not seem to me to be  a good idea. The reason is that I think that Christianity misinterpreted what Jesus was saying. At the time there was no example of a Jewish Tzadik for Christians to understand what he was doing and what he was about.

The idea of "My father and I are one" is a simple expression of דביקות-Devekut -attachment with God. When one feels the light of God on him, and flowing through him, he can say he is "One with God." That does not mean the Trinity. But at the time how could anyone have understood this? The only similar types were prophets, but that was clearly not what was going on.

If not for this mistake, Jesus would simply have become another tzadik in the spectrum of Jewish Tzadikim.


That is not the same as a saint. A tzadik brings something special in the world. And people that follow that tzadik can gain. But they can wreak up the whole thing also.

In any case, the whole thing seems like a distraction from sitting and learning Torah.  But this seems like an important enough subject for me to at least state my opinion about it.  I have often found that when I need help in some way it is generally Christians that will help. The idea behind this I think is that every tzadik brings something special into the world. Thus the idea of compassion got into people that go along with that belief system. The problems however is the idea that the commandments were nullified. Also there is the problem with worship of a person.