Translate

Powered By Blogger

16.10.15

Consciousness traps exist everywhere

Consciousness traps exist everywhere. I looked at different cults for a long time trying to understand a little bit about my own attraction to destructive cults. I have had the strange kind of tendency to abandon good groups or a good social situation to join weird groups. So I have gone through a long process of self introspection and also trying to understand the attraction of cults,

I was writing about this a few years back. Mainly I was studying Hindu cults in the USA and also in India and also Scientology. I did not have the stomach to look at Jewish religious cults. But I am  familiar with Hasidim. I think Hasidic groups are very bad cults, It is just that many Hasidic groups are  consciousness traps that lure people into their private cult.

It is characteristic of cults is they target people that are already on a good track and try to derail them. They will go into  Lithuanian yeshiva where people are sitting and learning authentic Torah and try to lure them into something else. Often they will claim that these things do not contradict. They might also go to places where students are in fact on good life paths and try to lure them into their cult.