Translate

Powered By Blogger

2.10.15

 Before Abraham came into the world, the path towards God was open for anyone. But after he came then one needs to go through the path that he opened.
And the same goes for Moshe Rabainu [Moses]. I have not mentioned this much but it does provide a kind of background for my thinking. When it comes to understanding of the Oral Law the Talmud, I take it as obvious that one can't  understand Talmud unless he is in someway connected with the Gra.
I also think this is obvious. Make a list of all the books written after the period of the Gra and you will see. What are the great ones? They are all from the school of thought of the Gra. For example The חידושי הרמב''ם by Reb Chaim from Brisk. The Avi Ezri of Rav Shach from Bnei Brak, the Chazon Ish, etc.

Books from the groups under the excommunication that was signed by the Gra.

It is forbidden to learn those books. That excommunication does not lose force or relevance as time goes by. But instead of depending on hearsay, I made the effort to find the actual language of the different excommunications and also the minutes of the court cases in Villna preceding the excommunication . [There are  a few books that did work in this topic but I found the one with the actual original documents.] You really need to see this yourself to see this. I don't intend to argue this point here.