Translate

Powered By Blogger

5.10.21

my own approach is that I try to have this balance between Physics, Math and Gemara, Rashi Tosphot.

The Litvak yeshiva world. True that it is the prime example of loyalty to Torah. Especially the verse "Do not add nor subtract." 

However my own approach is that I try to have this balance between Physics, Math and Gemara, Rashi Tosphot. Not that I disparage those that learn Torah all the time. Still I try to walk on this sort of middle path. [All of one's complaints about the straight Litvak world can be balanced by the fact that whatever actions taken against you can be balanced by your own faults that led at it least in half to that very situation.] Besides that see the story of Rav Nahman [the first]about the giants and the mishne lemelech second in authority to the king. the giants that were obstacles in the end turned out to be the very thing needed.
 
It is a subject mentioned in the Mishna, and Gemara itself. Torah with Derech Eretz in one mishna. And there is removed the yoke of derech eretz from all who receive on themselves the yoke of Torah.

I can not really say one or the other is right. It seems to depend on one's root soul
.
[I do however say that that the area of dinge an sich is inherently contradictory as Kant said. So simply going by reason and deciding things based on texts alone is inherently wrong. Rather the basis of Torah is objective morality. So the right path is not the issue. The real issue is how to be a mensch. how to come to the right moral decisions. That is objective morality.