Translate

Powered By Blogger

23.6.21

I am on the side of Leonard Nelson in terms of non intuitive immediate knowledge

Though I am on the side of Leonard Nelson in terms of non intuitive immediate knowledge as explained in the web site of Kelley Ross.  I  think the criticism on Hegel is a bit over done. If one notices the atrocities of communism, then the best thing would be to attack Marx. Why make Hegel take the blame? 
On the other hand you might ask why do I not mention this to Kantians? Kelley Ross. Robert Hanna. Or other extremely smart philosophers nowadays? Well to be frank the fact is they are in fact very smart and very good at arguing their points. I do not stand the slightest chance of showing my point. Still I can not see that Hegel is as ridiculous as all that. Even Kelley Ross in his PhD thesis brings up two good points of Hegel twice. [About Being, and about the dialectic.]  If Hegel can be be abused, well so can the Bible. Or any system of thought about values. I can not imagine any system of thought that humans can not corrupt--no matter how perfect it is.
[There is another odd thing about all this. If you are in a classroom and the teacher gives a problem in algebra. You come up with one answer. But the the smartest kid in the class who never gets a math problem wrong comes up with a different answer. Would you not have second thoughts about raising your hand to offer your answer? I would. Well in our case, the smartest guys in the room were Carl Gauss [for Fries] and David Hilbert [for Leonard Nelson.] 
Kant Fries--seems to be on the side of Plato in terms of two levels of reality.  Hegel seems to be more along the lines of Plotinus Being leads up to Logos..[Or rather that any place one starts from leads up to Logos.