Translate

Powered By Blogger

3.6.21

 In accounts of the expulsion of Jews from Spain is left out the war that  was going in between Muslims and Christians. I noticed this in an account of the events from a Jewish perspective. So my question is --as would be natural to ask- "How much were Jews helping the Muslims?" I do not know. But if the answer is a lot,-- then it would be understandable why Isabella and Ferdinand did not want a enemy in their borders.

Today Jews consider Christianity as idolatry, and Islam as basically OK. So I wonder if this attitude had not been around at that time also?

[The very great anger of Jews towards Christianity is apparent even today in the accounts of the expulsion from Spain. And I can see why. The major port of entry for many Jews was Morocco. But the experience of Jews there was often  horrific.]