Translate

Powered By Blogger

6.2.20

The idea of trust in God I would like to extend to learning. At least that is how I understood the concept for myself during a period of years when I was adhering to the way of learning of "Girsa" [saying the words and going on].
I had noted before that that the idea of  "Bitachon" [trust in God] extends to even the next world. That is openly mentioned in the most famous of all Musar books, The Obligations of the Heart חובות הלבבות.

So I would think to apply this to learning Physics also.

But I can imagine this is  a a bit of a stretch. First to accept the idea that learning Physics and Math is in the category of learning Torah. [I have mentioned this before.] [And to accept that learning Torah itself is a commandment]. Then to say that learning even without understanding is also in that category. And then also apply learning something that at first seems hard to understand.

Even so, this is what I would like to suggest.


[Later the next day I noted in the writings of Rav Nahman this very idea [in LeM vol I chapter 76]. There is such a thing as trust in God in such a way that one merits to understand his learning even without "iyun" deep study. But the actual idea of just saying the words and going on is also mentioned in the begining of the LeM על ידי עמצאות הדיבור זוכים להבנת התורה לעומקה