Translate

Powered By Blogger

13.7.22

review once per day for a long extended period

I had heard that in Breslov, there was this idea of review forty day in a row of that specific Torah lesson that relates to one's problem. To a large degree this idea of review once per day for a long extended period of time seemed to help me in understanding in  other areas besides the book of Rav Nahman. For example the Hidushei HaRambam of Rav Chaim of Brisk. When I would read through one section one day several times, that never seemed to help me understand as well as if I would just read it through once and then the next day read it through again-just once. And thus continue for a few weeks.[That was when I did not have my learning session with David Bronson where we went through Reb Chaim in his usual painstaking word by word sort of way.] 
I also found this in Physics and Mathematics. I would take one subject and review it for forty days in a row and that helped a lot more than review one day many times.