Translate

Powered By Blogger

1.7.22

 Hegel consciously built om previous philosophers. He took the good and disregarded what he considered to be mistakes. And that is what I try to do.

I am not saying everything in the Talmud is all right. I am looking for objective morality.
 
You might find things in the Talmud or even in the Old Testament that are you might object to. If possible I try to reconcile these things to reason. But if that is not possible. I disregard them. 
However morality based only on Reason I also find to be problematic. There are those who think Marxism is the most rational of all moral and political systems.  And if we would go by pure logic, they might be right. But when I was growing up it was considered an axiom that in Physics or any subject, if one's theory is perfectly logical, but the results of experiment show it to be wrong, then it is wrong. And Communism is a good example of that. The millions of those murdered under Stalin and Mao show that somewhere the logic of Communism went haywire.
So that might not show any system to be perfect. But it is best to start with the Medieval Approach of Faith with Reason. [And just to add a little substance to my claim here I would like to mention the modified Kantian approach of Leonard Nelson the founder of the second Friesian School where you have this idea of immediate non intuitive knowledge- i.e., knowledge not based on reason nor on sense perception. This mainly refers to the categories  of Kant but can also be understood as faith.]