Translate

Powered By Blogger

11.7.22

 I find insights in the great philosophers when I get a chance to read them. But I am not saying everything they said was right. One example I recall from a few years ago was when I was reading Hegel and noticed when he wrote that matter is energy--point blank relativity! Another  time I was reading Hobhouse  in his critique on the Metaphysical State. [That was an attack on people that were building  a co we do not know nception of such a state and to do so were borrowing some ideas from Hegel.  Some of the attacks were true but one I recall was that Hegel had said matter is gravity. I do not remember exactly this minute what Hegel had said but it seemed to me to indicate that matter bend space and creates gravitational waves .

I might look this up to give you a better idea of what I mean. 


Another  place I noticed where a great philosopher had a great idea was where Kant said we can not know matter itself, only 0characteristics. Matter in Quantum Field Theory by itself is well understood. It is the "m" in the Lagrangian density or the Hamiltonian. But when it interacts it becomes infinite-an absurd conclusion.
 

I find also in tzadikim that it is not always the best idea to follow everything they say but rather to find the things that make the most sense and leave off the rest. 

And Leibniz said something similar about the followers  of Descartes -that they were not following his path by following every word he said. That in fact dishonored him. It was more people like Spinoza that were following his path  of rigorous logical inquiry that were really following his path.


You might say the same about Rav Nahman.