Translate

Powered By Blogger

12.1.22

I was really in great need to learn authentic Torah. So I really had to get to the Mir and Shar Yashuv in New York.

 I was really in great need to learn authentic Torah. So I really had to get to the Mir and Shar Yashuv in New York. But because of that I ignored the other requirement of "Torah with Derech Eretz." [That is to say,- even against the advice of Rav Shelomo Freifeld (of Shar Yashuv), I did nor want to go to university at that stage. I felt, the only way I was going to get to any level of understanding of Torah what so ever, would be by spending every waking minute on it. Only later did I go to the Polytechnic Institute of NYU.]  And even after all that,-even sitting in the classes of Rav Shmuel Berenbaum, [of the Mir] I still never really got the idea until I learned with David Bronson. [To him, getting into the depths of the Gemara comes naturally like a fish in water.] Finally at that point I started getting the idea.