Translate

Powered By Blogger

9.9.20

The idea that leaning Physics and Metaphysics as being even more important than learning Torah per se is an opinion that I had to depend on since "sitting and learning Torah" somehow or other was not working out for me. 
Perhaps for lack of trying hard enough. Perhaps reasons that are still unknown or not understood by me. Still if I had had enough commitment I think I would have just sat and learned Torah.
Part of the reason is that while seeing the importance of Physics and Metaphysics (that many Rishonim hold), still there is the numinous aspect of Torah that apparently you do not find in these subjects where the holiness is hidden.

The word "Numinous" comes from Otto based on the the idea of non intuitive immediate knowledge. The idea is the is an perception of holiness that does not depend on reason. [See the Kant Fries school.]