Translate

Powered By Blogger

11.5.20

In terms of how to divide one's learning into two sessions; one the fast one, and the in-depth one.
How to do this in Gemara? I found the in depth session for me is best in the  way of repeating that page of gemara with Tosphot many days in a row. But when it comes to Physics, I wanted to bring here a suggestion I heard once from a undergraduate student of Physics. His idea was: ''from the beginning to end; from the end to the beginning; and from the middle outwards.''
Whatever he might have meant, I have found that in terms of review it is helpful to just take where I already am in the middle of the book,- and go towards the beginning. This is is the same idea as just saying the words and going on that Rav Nahman brings in his Conversations of Rav Nahman 76 except the direction is towards the beginning instead of towards the end.

[I did this with a book on Quantum Mechanics by Freeman Dyson. and I found this method helpful for myself, so I decided to share this idea with others that may also benefit from it.]