Translate

Powered By Blogger

8.7.19

When I was in Shar Yashuv [of Rav Shelomo Freifeld]  I wanted to learn fast--that is by just saying the words and going on like you see in Rav Nahman's Sichot HaRan 76. But for some reason that kind of fast learning was looked down on over there.  so I found some kind of compromise in that every section of gemara I would read twice and go on. That was not going exactly fast but not as slow as the path was over there either.

Nowadays I can see the value of both going very fast like Rav Nahman emphasized and also the kind of in depth intense learning that you have in teh great Litvak Yeshivas like Ponovitch and Brisk.

So when I eventually tried to expand my horizons a little and get into Physicsand Mathematics  I also found the need the path of lots of review and also the fast kind of learning of Rav Nahman.