Translate

Powered By Blogger

19.3.16

(White Anglo Saxon Protestant).

I grew up in a totally Wasp area. (White Anglo Saxon Protestant). There was only one other Jewish family within the city. For there was something wholesome and precious about the environment.


The story was that most of the property was owned by a Wasp corporation and we needed special, permission in order to buy a home there.



But ever since then I have never been sympathetic towards people that saw Wasps in a bad light. And I did notice a good deal of left wing politics was directly towards destroying communities like the one I grew up in and I have not thought that there was much merit in such an approach.

[In order for me to go to Hebrew school my mother had to drive me to a city that was far away every week.]

After some years we had to move so my Dad could be closer to his place of work at TRW when they had been contracted by NASA to built satellite communication by lasers and that was right up my Dad's area of expertise. So he was put in charge of the team that was doing that project and we moved.

Besides that my studies emphasized the idea of private property. So my feelings were reinforced by the Gemara's approach that property is not owner-less nor does it belong to government nor to the "people." Property is in the possession of the person that owns it.