Translate

Powered By Blogger

15.3.16

I support Trump because from the standpoint of policy. That is,- I know there is a lot of ad hominem arguments that are attacking the character of people that support him. But I am looking at this more from the context of the Constitution of the USA and the job of the chief executive to uphold and support that Constitution.

I might try to go into this in more detail but for right now let me just say that I think the Constitution has been ripped to shreds by the present government.

I do not do a lot of thinking about government. So off hand it would be hard to write a whole essay.
I did a good deal of reading about government over the years. Especially Plato, Aristotle, Locke Rousseau, Hegel, Marx, Arendt. I noticed in practice that the USA had become an amazingly hostile place for the white male. That it is was hostile towards white people and hostile towards males. So when you put both together you get (hostility)^2. Add to that hostility towards working people and hostility towards private property and it seemed to me that the USA had changed from the amazingly wholesome moral decent society that I had once knew to become a mocker of its former self. So when Trump comes along to bring back the older order I am impressed.

I know this is not an argument. But it would take some thinking on my part to form a decent argument for Trump.  Maybe I should do some thinking in that direction. As background let me say I am somewhat familiar with communist systems and in fact many other systems that people live under and I have not seen anything that compares even remotely to the Constitution of the USA.