Translate

Powered By Blogger

1.11.21

The flat tire of philosophy

It seemed to me when I was in high school that philosophy in fact had fallen  after being preoccupied with words. I felt that if philosophy is worth anything it must be about "the big picture". So what is "Being" itself as Heidegger pointed out is a part of that question. But also the simple person (the Dasein) also seemed important. Where do we fit into Being?
Philosophy seemed to get no where near answering or even asking any of these questions. Physics is certainly asking about the very nature of reality, but to go into that seemed to me at the time to be too hard. [I was not familiar with the idea of Rav Nahman that just by saying the words of what you are learning the learning gets absorbed subconsciously. If I had known that, I probably would have gone into Physics or the Aerospace industry like my dad.]
So today I would like to say that the Kant Friesian School as developed by Kelley Ross  answers a lot of the issues I had back then. You do not want a philosophy that ignores the Inner World [who we are as people with love and imagination.] You also do not want a philosophy that gets the outer world wrong like the existentialists and post modernism. 
To me it seems the the Kant Fries School is the best. But it took time to develop the approach. I was not all with Kant of Fries or Nelson. Rather it took time to get to a place where you have a a coherent approach that also takes an eagle eye of reality.