Translate

Powered By Blogger

30.10.18

Rav Nahman of Breslov

There are a few things Rav Nahman of Breslov said that I think are related to how one goes about learning. He said them as general principles in life but to me they seem to apply very much to the way he said to learn-. That is to say the words fast and go on.

For example he said one does not need "hard services." That is to make things hard. 

Also he said as אין להתעקש על שום דבר--not to be stubborn about anything in the world.

The way this applies to learning seem to me to be that one should learn learn simply by saying the words and go on and not be overly concerned if you understand everything.



The way i do this is even with the Avi Ezri I just go over the whole piece one day and the next time I can get to the study hall to so the same thing again.
But I ought to add that my learning partner learns in that slow and tedious way, and it seems by that he comes to great insights that I do not get to.