Translate

Powered By Blogger

31.10.18

Heidegger and Kierkegaard

Heidegger and Kierkegaard make a point that philosophy became too interested in  what faculties people  have in common. How the Mind works? How do we know a priori knowledge? But what is really interesting is not what a great saint and an evil criminal have in common, but rather what makes them different?


The answer is to Heidegger--Dasein. Being. That is there is something inside the great saint that strives to be revealed--to come out from darkness into the light. That is not the same as Kierkegaard who focused on how one is. To Heidegger what is essential is "who one is", not what one is or how one is.

The insight that this gives to me is that it helps me understand a bit of my decisions in life. I think I was not at all interested in the secular life style. Something in the Shar Yashuv yeshiva resonated with me.--the idea of sitting and learning Torah a way--as the way--of serving God.

This still resonates inside-but the actual religious world for some reason seems to have gotten out of sync with authentic Torah.

I am still trying to get back into authentic Torah by learning Rav Shach's Avi Ezri. But this goes only with great difficulty. Once I left the authentic Torah world of the Litvak's  it seems impossible to get back in.