Translate

Powered By Blogger

26.10.18

Rav Abulafia [the mediaeval mystic] about unifications

As you can imagine after my arrest my mind has not been settled that much. But because of this I have been thinking along the lines of Rav Abulafia [the mediaeval mystic] about unifications. While he was more into the idea in order to come to to attachment with God, I have been thinking along the lines of  finding the particular verses in Torah and the prophets that relate to my problems and finding the unifications that come out of each verse.

One of the most important aspects of Rav Abulafia is his claim that Jesus was a true tzadik saint even though that certainly was not very politically correct in the Middle Ages.

But he also is quoted by Rav Haim Vital as presenting the unifications that brings one to attachment with God. This was not known since Rav Vital only brings this in the last volume of his Musar book, Gates of Holiness. And that volume was not even printed until recently.