Translate

Powered By Blogger

31.10.18

USA system

One person who has a link to my blog said a few years ago that the USA system was indebted to John Calvin --in terms of representative government. In Geneva Calvin had set up representative government. There was a large group (200) that was voted in directly and they voted for two smaller consuls(60 and 20). But I am wondering was there not already a House of Commons in England?

In fact I have been looking at the government of England during the period from 1688 --the glorious revolution -and it seems to me the entire English system was more or less simply transplanted into the USA Constitution.--with some significant differences--for example separation of church and state.


[The fellow that links to my blog might have been thinking that the House of Commons was not actually elected when it first started in the 1200's. And I am not sure when it got to be elected. But with John Calvin we know the consul of 600 was elected by every church member in Geneva..