Translate

Powered By Blogger

16.6.17

it is best to find a small set of basic principles to stick with at all cost.

The thing is that life is confusing and I have found it is best to find a small set of basic principles to stick with at all cost. It is also helpful to have an accurate mental model of how the world works. But that does not seem to be as necessary as having a small set of concrete principles. Thus telling the truth at all cost seems to be a very important thing. In my case, also the idea of trust in God seems to be a good thing to stick with. Though I know many people emphasize putting forth lots of effort to get your needs met, but that does not seem to work very well for me,- and in fact usually results in the exact opposite of the desired effect. Rather, it seems best to simply sit and learn Torah and Physics and then hope that what God wants for me will come to me. 

[To learn Physics I used a book by Joos called "Theoretical Physics". Recently I have used other books to learn further. Siegel's, Field Theory was very helpful (and Doron Cohen's Lectures in Quantum Mechanics). In Torah learning I found Rav Shach's Avi Ezri   to be a really great book. Gemara, Rashi, and Tosphot are a great introduction to Rav Shach.] But I do not mean to set up myself as a good example. I can only describe the path I took to get to the Divine Light. That was basically being born into a wholesome wonderful home and going to the Mir (and Shar Yashuv) in NY and then going to Israel. That seems to have been enough to bring down the Divine light on me.  Losing that was mainly a result of getting fooled by counterfeit spirituality in the religious world. That is the reason I recommend avoiding counterfeit spirituality.