Translate

Powered By Blogger

4.7.18

My Dad's work on Infrared and lasers at TRW

 Mainly I know it was laser communication that he was working on but the actual spy satellite itself with my Dad's technology was not launched until about May, 2001. They used Dad's technology that he developed at TRW. The thing that delayed it was that TRW lost all government contracts after the KGB got to the files.[The Falcon incident.] But TRW hung onto the files until recent around 1994 TRW came into the  satellite thing again--with lots of protests. Still TRW stuck with it and was eventually  awarded a contract.
That was incidentally how my Dad got involved with TRW in the first place. The call to try and recruit my Dad for TRW came almost immediately after TRW was awarded a government contract in 1966.


I think originally TRW must have hired him because he was the inventor of the infra red camera at Fort Monmouth in NJ.
The original 23 reconnaissance satellites developed at TRW
are the basis for the American Early Warning System which uses infrared to detect launches. But by the time my Dad took me to see his work at TRW he was already doing laser communications. Here is a picture from Life Magazine from July 26, 1954