Translate

Powered By Blogger

1.11.13

  Just in case Christians are reading this who want a definition of repentance, let me clarify. Repentance means this: There are  laws in the Old Testament. "Sin" is defined as not keeping any one of those laws. "Repentance" is deciding to get back on track, and start keeping that law.
  It has nothing to do with playing cards or drinking alcohol. These might be bad things, but they are no including in the definition of "repentance." [To know how to repent you have to focus on any particular law  that you suspect you might not be keeping, and rigorously clarify exactly what it is forbidden and what it is not, --(and you aren't allowed to add or subtract from that definition).
   For example, after my wife left me, I  could find no girl friend or wife. [On the subject of girl friends: see the Book of Chronicles, Book I, chapter two [2:46] and four concerning Caleb ben Yefuna  (כלב בן יפונה). He is the only person in the entire Bible that it says the unique phrase, וימלא אחרי השם "He walked completely after God." He had two girl friends. So it can not be a sin.

  Instead of getting mad at young adults that are interested in sex or ignoring the issue, I recommend getting married early. Jews in Morocco and Yemen were generally married at very early ages.

  Now on a more urgent issue it is mentioned in that chapter that doing repentance/teshuva is connected to the Divine name  in Exodus "I will be".  [This is mistranslated by Christians to "I am"] [It does  not mean "I am." If I want to say, "I will be in the store," I say 'Ani Ehye Bachanut"אני אהיה בחנות מחר . If I want to say, "I am in the store," I say Ani Bachnut. אני בחנות]